Bucket List Friday!
Every Friday I’ve decided to feature a Bucket List destination for all of my travelers and soon to be travelers. My Number 1 pick is Bora Bora. I have been dreaming of going here and I’m so going to cross it off my list sooner than later. Not only is the scenery to die for, but the over-the-water Bungalows create such a peaceful, serene atmosphere.
A few fun facts I’ve learned while researching the area would be:
- The movie “Couples Retreat” was shot at the St. Regis Resort in Bora Bora.
- If you are truly looking for a getaway, Bora Bora is labeled one of the most secluded lands
- A lot of the population inhabiting Bora Bora are young adults
- The island is known to be the most romantic in the French Polynesian (Roamantic Paradise)
- Women that wear flowers in their hair have a very significant meaning:
- If you wear a flower near your left ear, it signifies you are married, taken, or have a significant other
- If you wear a flower near your right ear, it signifies you are available and approachable
- You do not have to freight about any poisonous snakes or bugs because the island is free of those species
- Last, the island has an extinct volcano called Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu located at its center which rises to two peaks
I can’t wait for the chance to explore this beautiful island and learn more fun facts to add to my list.
Keep wishing, keep dreaming and set sail