Free at last, free at last! It’s Friday, Bucket List Friday! So you know I am back for another round of fun facts with some pretty exotic places. Next up, we have
I’ve been attracted to this exotic spot after seeing so many pictures. I can dream about some pretty luxurious things, but Dubai seals the deal with that. If you are truly looking for an out of this world experience, mark your calendar and head here!
Are you wondering why there is a random picture of an oversized skyscraper? Well, based on some fun facts I’ve read, skyscrapers is a BIG deal in Dubai. Let’s get started:
- From my research, 7 of the 10 tallest hotels in the world are located in Dubai. 😱
- Dubai is considered the shopping capital throughout the Middle East.
- I did mention luxury, so, Dubai is also known as the city of Gold. There is a Gold Souk that is home to 300+ shops!
- Dubai also has the worlds largest flower garden too!
- The majority religion in Dubail is Islam
- PDA (public display of affection) is punishable up to deportation if caught.
- Non Muslims are the only individuals whom can consume alcohol without repercussions.
- Rainfall averages around 4 inches per year in Dubai
- The worlds tallest building is a record whopping 2,722 feet
- Visitors in Dubai are not permitted to wear clothing that reveals too much skin. It doesn’t include beaches, clubs or bars.
- Football (popularly known as soccer for Americans) and cricket are two of the most played sports
Everything about Dubai is so beautiful. What more can you ask for? It would definitely be an experience of a lifetime. I used to be so hesitant with wanting to travel so far out but, it’s no time to lose! Pack those bags, hit the road and conquer the unknown.
Thank you so much for sticking with Friday, Bucket List Friday! and be back for another destination!